So, I’m back from vacation, so it’s cooking time again :). Sorry that I didn’t post for so long, but I had a big stock in the freezer, so I had to finish that first. And then I went on vacation.
So, what did I make this time? I wanted something quick and easy, but also delicious. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it’s a keeper. It’s so simple and delicious. I made a few adjustments to the original recipe, so see below for my version. Enjoy!
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
Preparation: 10 min
Baking: 25 min
ø 12 inch Skillet
- 4 chicken breasts (around 400 g)
- 1 red bell peper
- 1 onion
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 500 g (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pot (600 g/24 ounce) of your favorite Marinara pasta sauce
- 1 bal mozzarella cheese
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- Dried italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Chop up the onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Slice the chicken breast into not to big cubes.
- Heat up the skillet over medium high heat with some olive oil. First, bake the onion and garlic.
- When glaced, add the chicken. Season the chicken with the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Bake until the chicken is done.
- Add the bell pepper and bake for 1-2 min more.
- Add the pasta and the entire jar of marinara. Fill the empty marinara jar 1 1/2 times with water and add to the skillet.
- Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking. Stir occasionally.
- When done, cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with chopped basil (optional)