So, I decided to make a nice dinner for my boyfriend and of course there has to be a nice dessert. I saw this recipe in a cooking magazine and it’s so quick and easy but oh so delicious! It has all the best of a banoffee pie but done in a third of the time. Enjoy!
Preparation: 15 min
ø 4 big cups
- 3 banana’s
- 200 ml vanilla custard
- 6 biscoff biscuits or digestives
- 4 tbsp caramelsauce
- 100 g butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 125 ml double cream
- 100 g double cream
- 25 g milk chocolate
- First, make the caramel sauce.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the sugar and double cream and simmer for around 5 minutes until nice and golden.
- Make sure the caramel doesn’t go to dark, because then it becomes bitter!
- Set aside to cool down.
- Slice up the banana’s.
- Whisk up the double cream with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Crumble up the biscuits.
- Now, build up the trifle in each cup. Begin with a layer vanilla custard, then the cookie crumbles, banana slices, caramel sauce, and whipped cream.
- Add the same order of layers on top.
- Finish the trifle by grading up some chocolate on top.
Credit goes to https://www.boodschappen.nl/recept/banoffee-trifle/