Hello hello everyone,
Time for another update :). My boyfriend made this recipe today. It was a long day and we were both tired and not in the mood to cook for too long. Well, this recipe is awesome for that purpose. It is super easy and done in a whiff. And the best thing? It was soooo delicious! I wanted to take another portion, but I could contain myself. I know I say it a lot, but GO TRY THIS!
Rosemary and speck mac ‘n cheese
Preparation: 10-15 min
Baking: 10 min
Ø Oven dish
- 2 CUPS (280G) MACARONI
- 1 TABLESPOON EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 200G SPECK, RIND REMOVED AND CHOPPED
- 1 CUP (250ML) MILK
- 1 CUP (240G) MASCARPONE
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 1 CUP (120G) GRATED CHEDDAR
- 1 TABLESPOON ROSEMARYLEAVES
- 1 ONION
- 1 RED BELL PEPPER
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Slice up the onion and bell pepper in squares.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the speck and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In the sams pan bake the onion and bell pepper just done.
- Place the pasta, milk, mascarpone, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper and half the cheddar in the pan and return to high heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, to warm through.
- Place the mixture in a 1.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish. Top with the speck, rosemary, pepper and remaining cheddar, and cook for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with pepper to serve.