Long time since I posted something, but I’ve been crazy busy with work. But no worries, this weekend is Easter weekend and I’m planning to make a lovely dinner. So you’re up for some killer recipes next week!
For now, my Mums apple pie recipe. I bought way to many apples for me to eat on my own, so what better way to enjoy them by baking an apple pie. This pie is super easy to make and oh so delicious. The super crunchy crust with the sweet and moist inside of apples is awesome. Seriously, go make it!
Mums Apple Pie
Prepartion: 20 min + 30 min rest
Baking: 45-50 min
Ø 26 cm (10 inch) springform
- 240 g (1 cup) butter
- 400 g (3 cups and 1 tbsp) flour
- 200 g (1 cup) castard sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 saches vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 firm apples
- Put baking paper on the bottom of your spring form and butter the sides
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar, zest of the lemon, half the egg and vanilla sugar/extract and knead to a dough
- Put the dough in cling film and let it rest for 30 min in the refigerator
- Peel the apples and slice into slices
- Mix the apples with the cinnamon and sugar to your liking
- Take 3/4 of the dough and roll out to a round plack which will fit your spring form.
- Put the dough in the springform
- Put the apples on the dough
- Roll out the remainder of the dough and slice it in to long strips of around 1 cm wide
- Form a grid on top of the apples with the strips
- Put the pie in the oven until golden