Hello hello everybody,
It’s time for a new recipe and this time a dinner dish. Some variation on the bakeing recipes I’ve been posting. This is a Moms classic and a favourite of my brother and me.
Most people will react with: Yuck, Brussels sprouts, oh hell no! But trust me, try this one out. It’s a fantastic combination of cheese, smoked sausage and the spouts. I guarantee that this dish will become a favourite for you guys as well.
I don’t have a picture yet, but as soon as I make it, I’ll post it ^^.
Brussels sprouts ovendish
Preparation: 15-20 min
Baking: 30-40 min
Ø big oven dish
- 700 g Brussels sprouts
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 packet bacon pieces
- 1 onion
- 1 smoked sausage, sliced
- Grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and boil them for 5-10 min. Not to mushy!
- Make sure you have a good sprout to potato ratio. You should have more sprouts then potatoes, since the potato is only for the top of the oven dish
- Cut the potatoes into small squared and boil them until done but to over done
- Bake the bacon pieces
- When baked, add the sliced up onion
- In the end, bake the potato squares with this mixture until the potato is a bit golden on the outside
- Add salt, pepper and a bit of nutmeg to the sprouts
- Build up the oven dish: Half of the potato mixture, half of the smoked sausage, sprouts, other half smoked sausage, other half potato mixture, grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 min until thr cheese is nice and crispy