Yes, it’s time…. for one of the best dinners in the world: pizza. It just such a fantastic dish. You can experiment with the dough, the sauce, the toppings. The possibilities are endless.
Since the possibilities are endless, the amount of different pizza recipes spread on the internet are endless. So, I would like to post here the pizza recipe my mom always makes, with a hand-made pizza dough. You can use this recipe as a base and try out your own ideas. So I would say: GO EXPERIMENT!
Pizza di mama
Preparation: 10 min dough; 15 min pizza
Baking: 30-40 min
ø Big square baking tin
- 500 gram (1 1/4 cup) flour
- 1 sachet acitve dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- Cold water
- Pinch salt
- 1 or 2 tbsp italian herbs
- Cheese (I always use gouda cheese, but mozzarella is fine too)
- 1 packet mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- ± 200 gram ham
- ± 200 gram salami
- Make the dough at least two hours before you’re making the pizza to let it rise
- Put the active dry yeast in half a cup op hand warm water and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Stir the mixture carefully
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl and add the water-yeast combination
- If the dough is too dry, add some water, but be careful not to make the dough too wet.
- Knead the dough into a solid ball
- Put a dishcloth over the bowl and let the dough rise at a warm place (close to the heater for example)
- When it’s time to prepare the pizza, preheat the oven at 220 °C (430 F)
- Oil the baking tray with olive oil.
- Roll out the dough on the baking tray (if it’s to wet, put some flower on top op the dough to make it easier to roll out)
- Mix the ketchup with the italian herbs and spread out on the pizza dough
- Put the cheese on top
- Add first the vegetable toppings, then the meat toppings.
- Bake in the oven for 3o-40 minutes until the crust is golden brown